Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Manner of Signing of Certificates by Chartered Accountants
1. The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), at its 349th meeting held on 17th and 18th January, 2016 considered an issue relating to manner of signing of certificates by Chartered Accountants. The Council noted that presently different practices were in vogue in respect of the manner of signing of various certificates issued by the members of the ICAI.
2. On a consideration of the matter, the Council, with a view to bring uniformity in the manner of signing of certificates, has decided to require the members of the ICAI to include (in addition to any other requirements in this regard prescribed by the relevant law or regulation under which the certificate is being issued) the following details in their “Signatures” on the certificates issued by them:
- Name of the CA firm*
- Firm Registration Number (FRN)*
- Name of the member
- Designation (Partner/Proprietor)
- Membership Number
* Where applicable/so allotted by ICAI.