Reasons for Rejections of ST-3 (Service Tax Return) after Uploading of XML File and Precautions one should take while Preparation of ST-3
This is to inform you that some returns get rejected after uploading of the XML file for the ST3 return mainly due to the following reasons.
1. Incorrect selection of return type - whether it is ?Original? or ?Revised? return.
2. When the Financial Year and the Period of Return are different in the XML file and in the upload screen.
3. Incorrect Registration Number.
4. Incorrect LTU details given in Sl.No.A6 of the ST3 return.
5. Wrong selection of Constitution in Sl.No.A8 of the ST3 return..
6. Incorrect Category ? Service Provider / Receiver / Input Service Distributor for which return filed.
7. Incorrect Rates of Tax / EDU Cess / SHE Cess.
8. Higher amount entered in Challan Details Section as against the actual amount deposited.
9. Technical Error - Use of special characters in the return, error at the time of generation of XML file etc.
1. Uploading of multiple XML files without getting confirmation about the previously uploaded XML for the same return period.
2. Filing of return before issue of Registration.
3. Filing of return for the future period
4. Mismatch in the data between the upload screen and the XML file for the fields like Return period (Financial Year and half year return period) / RC No. / LTU Details / Category of Registrant / Constitution of Assessee.
For a successful filing of the return, please avoid the above listed errors in the return.
Please go through the FAQs, provided under ACES website https://www.aces.gov.in/Ret_FAQ.jsp before filing the return for guidance.
In case of any difficulty in accessing the ACES Application or in filing Returns, please contact the ACES Service Desk either by sending e-mail to email@example.com or by calling up the National Toll-free number 1800 425 4251.
The ACES Service Desk functions on working days from Monday to Friday between 9 AM and 7 PM and on Saturdays between 9 AM to 2.30 PM.