Government of Maharashtra
Government Resolution No.: Senive-2015/ CR 01/SER-4
Hutatma Rajguru Chowk, Madam Cama Road,
Mantralaya, Mumbai-400 032.
Date: 4th February, 2015.
1. Government Resolution No.: Senive-1009/CR.31/SER-4, dated 05th May, 2009.
2. Government Resolution No.: Senive-1009/CR.69/SER-4, dated 21st August, 2009.
The Government is pleased to increase the maximum limit of Death cum retirement gratuity to Rs. 7 lakhs to all the eligible State Government pensioners/ family pensioners who retired /died on or after 1st January, 2006, pursuant to the decision of the Hon. Supreme Court dt. 30.01.2013 in Civil Appeal 908/2013 arising out of S.L.P.3700/2012. The Government Resolution dated 21st August, 2009 referred to above is hereby cancelled.
2. Accordingly, all the eligible pensioners/ family pensioners who retired/died on or after 1st January, 2006 will be paid at one go, all the amounts due to them.
3. As per Rule 129-A(5)(b) of Maharashtra Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1982, prepared in exercise with the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India, interest on the arrears of gratuity is not admissible.
4. Government is also pleased to direct that above decision shall mutatis mutandis, apply to all those eligible pensioners / family pensioners of Recognized and Aided Educational Institutions, Non-Agricultural Universities and Affiliated Non-Government Colleges and Agricultural Universities to whom the Pension scheme is made applicable.
5. In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Section 248 of the Maharashtra Zilla Parishads and Panchayat Samities Act, 1961 (Mah. V of 1962) and of all the other powers enabling it in that behalf, Government is further pleased to decide that the above decision shall apply to the pensioners including family pensioners of Zilla Parishads.
This Government resolution of Maharashtra Government is available at the website www.maharashtra.gov.in. Reference no. for this is 201502031504518105. This order has been signed digitally.
By order and in the name of the Governor of Maharashtra.
Secretary (Accounts and Treasuries)