|Central Excise Rules & Cenvat Credit Rules |
Amendment dated 31.12.2013
THE Central government has amended the Central Excise Rules, 2002 in the following manner. These amendments would become operational with effect from 01.03.2014.
Rule 9(1) at present reads -
(1) Every person, who produces, manufactures, carries on trade, holds private store-room or warehouse or otherwise uses excisable goods, shall get registered:
The proposed amendment would result in the following -
(1) Every person, who produces, manufactures, carries on trade, holds private store-room or warehouse or otherwise uses excisable goods or an importer who issues an invoice on which CENVAT Credit can be taken, shall get registered.
As promised, CBEC has made the necessary changes in the Rules and issued the notifications on 31/12/2013.
What are the changes? The Central Excise Rules 2002 and the CENVAT Credit Rules 2004 are amended with effect from 1.3.2014.
1. Registration is made mandatory for importers issuing invoices on which CENVAT Credit can be taken.
2. An importer issuing cenvat table invoice is now made a “First Stage Dealer”
3. Certain consequential amendments are made.
The Complete text of Notifications can be obtained from Link Below :-
Note : As a part of Our Quality Policy , We Don't Publish any Restricted Material on our Website . If you have issues kindly let us know here